- 10 Years of Asian Art
- Asian Art History
- Participant News
- Asian Art News
- In the Press
- Photos & Videos
- AWNY Contemporary
- Interior Design
What’s happening in Asian art
Asia Week New York March 2023: Daily Digest - Day Three
March 18, 2023
Hamza and his men attacked by a sea creature (detail), opaque watercolor and gold on paper, Mughal style at Bikaner, India, c. 1680 Folio: 9 7/8 x 6 1/3 in; painting: 9 x 5 1/2 in; courtesy Art Passages
Asia Week New York continues with a wide selection of exhibitions, dealer appointments, and online shows.
- Find out who's open today with this list with a handy graph, which you can take with you while you gallery hop. Visit the dealers' pages for more details, and check out our interactive map in case you get lost! If you prefer the printed guide, it is available at the galleries and auction houses.
- Akar Prakar, Art Passages, Egenolf Gallery, Kaikodo LLC, and Thomas Murray are live with Asia Week New York's Online Exhibition.
- Bonhams, Christie's, Doyle, Heritage Auctions, iGavel and Sotheby's are holding auction viewings today.
TODAY'S FEATURED EVENTS
- 3-5pm afternoon tea, INK Studio
- 3pm: lecture Treasures of the Sakya Tradition with Jeff Watt (Director and Chief Curator at Himalayan Art Resources)
Master of the Jagged Water's Edge: New Classification of early 18th century paintings from Mewar with Catherine Glynn
Both hosted by the department of Indian, Himalayan & Southeast Asian Art at Bonhams. Please note that capacity for this event is limited. Kindly RSVP to email@example.com.
- 5-6pm lecture,Two Milarepa Masterworks, also with Jeff Watt, at Sotheby's.
The Asia Week New York 2023 Online Exhibition is live. Browse highlights from the exhibiting dealers as well as selections from upcoming auctions. Some of this year's participants are showing online only. The web address for the Online Exhibition is: march2023.asiaweekny.com
All of the dealers mentioned below are open today.
Exceptional textiles, including this detail of a Ramayana Trade Cloth made in Indonesia for the Indian market and included in the online exhibition have been brought to the Park Lane hotel in NY, where they can be viewed by appointment through the 22nd by Thomas Murray. They are supplemented with found objects and antipodal jewelry offerings from Indonesia. Thomas Murray.
The Asia Week daily digest features one auction highlight per day.
We hope you've enjoyed this daily digest for Day 3 of our 2023 edition! Discover even more exhibitions, auctions and events at asiaweekny.com.